Season 4 Episode 54
Local Government and Real Estate Investing with Charles Tassell
Welcome to the Get Traction Podcast, a show aimed at educating aspiring real estate entrepreneurs. Today, Tom welcomes to the podcast Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the National Real Estate Investors Association, Charles Tassell. Charles shares his experience as a commercial real estate investor and political lobbyist. He speaks to best practices and strategies for evaluating neighborhoods, the strategic advantage of buying during a down cycle and the importance of choosing the correct business partner. Charles speaks to the impact that local government can have on real estate investing and the value of getting involved in your community at the local level to bring about positive change.
- 00:40 – Tom introduces today’s guest, Charles Tassell who joins the show to talk about his real estate investment strategies and the work he’s doing as a political lobbyist
- 05:27 – The strategic advantage of buying during a market down cycle and the importance of choosing the correct business partner
- 08:55 – Headaches in real estate investment and tenants
- 13:05 – Best practices for evaluating neighborhoods
- 16:14 – The process of ‘slow flipping’ properties
- 20:13 – Advice for those looking to get into commercial real estate
- 22:50 – Charles speaks to the experiences he’s had with different banks
- 24:39 – Making the shift from residential to commercial real estate investment
- 31:41 – Talking politics in real estate
- 37:35 – The importance of paying attention to local government
- 39:59 – What the average real estate investor can do to protect themselves
- 47:19 – Tom thanks Charles for joining the show and let’s listeners know where to follow him
Connect with Charles
Here's Where To Go Next:
For a list of upcoming events visit our events page.
Get your copy of Tom's latest book: How to Correctly Flip Houses for a Profit: The Fastest Way to More Deals, More Profits, and More Freedom!
Click here to Listen and Subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
Leave a rating a review at RateThisPodcast.com/GetTraction
Podcast production and marketing provided by FullCast