Season 4 Episode 52
The Journey from 9-5 to Financial Freedom with David McGrady
Welcome to the Get Traction Podcast, a show aimed at educating aspiring real estate entrepreneurs. Today, Tom welcomes to the podcast real estate entrepreneur, David McGrady, who shares insights and stories he’s experienced while wholesaling. David talks about being consistent in your marketing and the importance of not letting fear prevent you from making offers. He opens up about the amount of work required to become a successful wholesaler and shares the craziest story from his real estate investment journey. Finally, David provides best practices for building rapport with your buyers and advice for those looking to break into the industry.
- 00:34 – Tom introduces today’s guest, David McGrady who joins the show to talk about his experience as a real estate investor and his goal of achieving financial freedom
- 06:14 – David talks about how he identifies motivated sellers consistently
- 09:02 – Maintaining consistency in marketing
- 17:15 – The Art of Negotiating deals
- 19:21 – David talks about not letting fear dictate your strategy as a real estate investor
- 23:23 – The amount of work that goes into an average wholesale deal
- 31:01 – David shares one of his craziest deals ever
- 32:31 – Challenges and obstacles that David had to overcome early in his real estate investment career
- 33:34 – Balancing the entrepreneurial lifestyle
- 38:17 – How David has improved as a negotiator and the importance David places on active listening
- 46:12 – Other tactics David has employed to build rapport with motivated sellers
- 57:30 – Tom thanks David for joining the show
Here's Where To Go Next:
For a list of upcoming events visit our events page.
Get your copy of Tom's latest book: How to Correctly Flip Houses for a Profit: The Fastest Way to More Deals, More Profits, and More Freedom!
Click here to Listen and Subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
Leave a rating a review at RateThisPodcast.com/GetTraction
Podcast production and marketing provided by FullCast