S02:E16 – Get Out Of Your Own Way
Welcome to the Get Traction Podcast, a show aimed at educating aspiring real estate entrepreneurs. Today, Tom welcomes onto the podcast real estate investor, Godfrey de la Rosa to talk about his experience as a wholesaler and diverse investor. In this episode, Tom and Godfrey talk about the importance of customization, word of mouth marketing, and maximizing on potential opportunities within the industry. Godfrey quantifies his results and discusses some of the toughest challenges he’s had to overcome. Finally, Godfrey shares with the audience how he has turned his circumstances as a minority and an immigrant to his advantage.
What We Covered:
- 00:46 – Tom introduces today’s guest, Godfrey de la Rosa
- 01:04 – Godfrey’s journey from zero to real estate hero
- 06:33 – The importance of customization
- 10:06 – How Godfrey has mastered word of mouth marketing
- 14:40 – Godfrey speaks to the opportunity that wholesaling provides
- 16:58 – Godfrey’s previous career background in the restaurant business
- 21:24 – How Godfrey balanced wholesaling and a full-time job
- 25:09 – The main rule that Godfrey lives his live by
- 25:47 – Apprehensions Godfrey had about wholesaling
- 27:32 – Quantifying results from Godfrey’s first year of wholesaling
- 28:24 – How Tom’s Boot Camp impacted Godfrey
- 30:14 – The difference between a cost and an investment
- 31:44 – How Godfrey maxes out opportunities
- 34:54 – The best lessons Godfrey learned from Tom
- 39:45 – Godfrey discusses the deals he does from his home country of Trinidad and Tobago
- 42:02 – The toughest obstacle Godfrey had to overcome to become successful
- 45:00 – How Godfrey used his nationality, minority status, and accent as a positive
- 47:28 – The importance of forging your own path away from the crowd
- 50:44 – Insights Godfrey wishes he knew when he first started
- 54:41 – How Godfrey maximizes his skillset to be a diverse real estate investor
- 56:55 – A life-long student who never stops learning
- 57:48 – Godfrey invites listeners to connect with him to discuss opportunities
Enjoying the Show?
- Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
- Please subscribe via your favorite podcast destination below:
Podcast production and marketing provided by FullCast.