Welcome to the Get Traction Podcast, a show aimed at educating aspiring real estate entrepreneurs. Today, Tom welcomes to the podcast real estate agent and investor, Dominic Mason to talk about his experience as a rehabber and wholesaler. Having served in the United States Marine Corps, Dominic’s strategy and roadmap to success centers on one concept: discipline. In this episode, Dominic speaks to how he has leveraged discipline and honesty to become a successful wholesaler. Tom and Dominic discuss the importance of investing in marketing, mitigating risk, and developing a mutually beneficial relationship with sellers.
What We Covered:
- 00:31 – Tom introduces today’s guest, Dominic Mason
- 00:47 – Dominic’s real estate background
- 01:25 – The transition from flipping houses to wholesaling
- 02:58 – How recognizing Dominic’s skillset lends itself well to wholesaling
- 05:53 – Techniques Dominic used to become a successful wholesaler
- 09:14 – Lessons Dominic learned from being a rehabber
- 11:33 – The inherent risks involved in rehabbing
- 12:21 – How Dominic mitigates risk as a wholesaler
- 14:09 – A mutually beneficial relationship
- 16:13 – Dominic recalls the last wholesale he worked on
- 18:19 – Dominic describes the benefits of being an agent and an investor
- 19:39 – The burdens of being both an agent and an investor
- 21:52 – Navigating brokers
- 23:44 – The transition from the Marine Corps to the private sector
- 26:47 – Volatile paydays
- 29:58 – The importance of discipline
- 31:16 – Coming up with a plan
- 32:15 – Investing time and money in marketing
- 38:44 – Insights Dominic wishes he knew when he first started
- 39:17 – Why Dominic still attends Tom’s events
- 40:57 – The best thing Dominic learned from Tom
- 42:51 – Parting words of wisdom from Dominic
- 44:35 – Dominic sings the praises of Tom’s Bootcamp
- 46:40 – Dominic’s happiness
- 47:50 – Driving home the importance of discipline
Enjoying the Show?
- Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
- Please subscribe via your favorite podcast destination below:
Podcast production and marketing provided by FullCast.