Welcome to the Get Traction Podcast, a show aimed at educating aspiring real estate entrepreneurs. In this episode, Tom talks to real estate agent Claude Labbe about the reciprocal relationship between real estate investors and agents. Claude identifies multiple ways investors can drive the value of the homes they are rehabbing. Finally, Tom and Claude discuss the value of pulling data in order to identify promising neighborhoods in which to invest.
What We Covered:
- 00:31 – Tom introduces today’s guest, investor-friendly agent Claude Labbe
- 00:54 – Claude explains why he, as an agent, works with real estate investors
- 01:40 – Why it is important for investors to have an agent
- 04:18 – The difference between an Agent and a Realtor
- 05:29 – Bridging the gap between agents and investors
- 08:55 – The most ideal way for investors to work with agents
- 11:43 – The two-way relationship between investors and agents
- 13:07 – How agents prefer to be compensated
- 14:53 – How to screen for and locate a great agent
- 16:20 – Claude lists the best and worst aspects of working with investors
- 18:15 – The actual value of accolades that agents advertise about themselves
- 22:26 – The value of adding a bathroom
- 26:00 – Decisions to consider when rehabbing a house
- 27:03 – Other ways to drive the value of a renovated house
- 30:38 – The importance of staging homes
- 32:30 – Trends and habits Claude sees from real estate investors
- 36:22 – Claude discusses how he comps
- 37:53 – Communication between an investor and an agent is key
- 38:43 – Identifying up-and-coming neighborhoods
- 41:24 – Making an investor-style offer
- 43:19 – Pulling data and investigating leads
- 45:34 – Parting words from Claude
Enjoying the Show?
- Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
- Please subscribe via your favorite podcast destination below:
Podcast production and marketing provided by FullCast.