S02:E10 – Bird Dogs, Driving for Deals and Thick Skin
Welcome to the Get Traction Podcast, a show aimed at educating aspiring real estate entrepreneurs. In this episode, Tom Zeeb welcomes current student Mark Duncan to discuss his success as a wholesaler. Mark talks about how the techniques and tools he gained from Tom’s Bootcamp & training program have had a tremendous impact on his success. Mark breaks down the importance of marketing, building a diverse buyer’s list, and developing a thick skin in this business.
What We Covered:
- 00:45 – Tom introduces today’s guest, Mark Duncan
- 01:45 – How Tom met Mark
- 02:32 – Mark talks about his results over the past few months
- 03:36 – Driving for deals
- 05:21 – The flinching technique of negotiating
- 06:22 – Mark speaks to his experiences prior to taking Tom’s program
- 07:57 – What set Tom’s program apart from the rest
- 09:01 – Mark’s unique bird dogs
- 12:18 – How Mark splits his territories across his home state of Oregon
- 14:21 – The importance of having a diverse buyers list
- 17:10 – Wholesaling to wholesalers
- 18:37 – Mark’s thoughts on the general real estate market
- 20:50 – Why Mark is now focusing on rental properties
- 23:43 – How Mark developed open-minded buyers
- 26:26 – Developing a thick skin
- 28:29 – Advice Mark would give to those who are fearful of rejection
- 30:04 – How a simple act of kindness led to a business partnership
- 31:54 – Mark’s confidence level as a wholesaler
- 33:27 – The importance of making offers
- 35:35 – Mark talks about the most important lessons he learned from Tom’s program
- 37:42 – Mark discusses his marketing strategies
- 41:25 – Force Multiplier explained
- 43:16 – Mark talks about the value of Tom’s Bootcamp training
- 47:51 – Key takeaways and parting words from Mark
Enjoying the Show?
- Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
- Please subscribe via your favorite podcast destination below:
Podcast production and marketing provided by FullCast.