S01:E01 – The Three Pillars of Your Real Estate Business
Welcome to the Get Traction Podcast, a show aimed at educating aspiring real estate entrepreneurs. In this episode, host Tom Zeeb introduces his Three Pillars for rapid cash generation in real estate. These pillars are broken down into the following categories: Marketing, Negotiating and Getting Paid. Tom and his producer Harry take a deep dive into the real estate business model and provide avenues of success for those looking to enter the real estate market. They talk about the importance of identifying motivated buyers and creating a message that meets the needs of these sellers.
Tom lists the most commonly made mistakes in real estate and stresses the need for constant practice in order to avoid such errors. Tom and Harry also discuss the value of providing customized solutions that meet the needs of sellers in order to generate win-win scenarios. They talk about repetition and the critical role it plays in expanding the marketing message. Finally, Tom provides advice on how to control the process of a deal from start to finish. There will always be roadblocks in any deal; it’s how we anticipate and react to these issues that define our success.
What We Covered:
- 00:45 – Introducing The Get Traction Podcast, with host Tom Zeeb
- 01:15 – The Three Pillars
- 02:12 – The concept of ‘total freedom’
- 04:07 – The First Pillar: Finding the Deal, aka Marketing
- 04:35 – Breaking marketing down into three categories
- 04:46 – Making sense of the market and targeting a motivated seller
- 10:28 – Identifying the message
- 14:13 – Common mistakes investors make when it comes to marketing message match
- 18:12 – The importance of multiplication and repetition
- 20:56 – The Second Pillar: Making the Deal, aka Negotiation
- 23:06 – Breaking negotiation down into three categories
- 23:24 – Pinpointing the problem
- 26:39 – Packaging up solutions that work
- 30:07 – Persuading sellers to say ‘Yes’
- 33:45 – Referrals as another source of marketing
- 35:03 – The Third Pillar: Getting Paid, aka the Contract
- 36:18 – The two contracts that Tom utilizes in his business
- 38:06 – Getting deals through settlement and/or the closing
- 38:54 – Potential conflicts that can arise in a deal
- 40:42 – Why almost 100% of all deals have a conflict arise, big or small
- 41:20 – Anticipating title issues in the deal
- 42:54 – The importance of controlling the process of the deal
- 45:42 – Future episode topics on Get Traction
Enjoying the Show?
- Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
- Please subscribe via your favorite podcast destination below:
Podcast production and marketing provided by FullCast.